Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Your Own Kind of Wonderful Card #1

I've been spending more time in my craft room and I created this card today.  It just makes me SO happy every time I look at it.  It's so springy and bright!


There's a lot going on with this card.  This was my first attempt at a Sunburst card and I'm so pleased with the results!  I'll definitely be doing this again.  Here's how you do it:

Take 4 patterns of paper and cut pieces that are 1.5 x 4".  Then line them up on your cutter and cut them diagonally from corner to corner.  Take a piece of cardstock that is 5 x 2" and make a mark at 2.5".  Line up to pieces side by side and glue them down.  Then keep lining up pieces on either side until you come to the bottom.  Once you have all the pieces glued down, trim off the edges and you've got a Sunburst!  So super easy for such a stunning effect!  Now that piece is ready for you to layer how you want.

For the rest of this card, I used a 5.25 x 4" piece of Pear cardstock and a 5 x 1" piece of Canary that I had run through my Big Shot with our Quatrefoil Embossing Folder.  All that was layered onto a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2" card base.  I used some 3-D Foam Tape to help the butterfly soar above the rest. :o)

Here's your shopping list for this card:
D1627 Your Own Kind of Wonderful
X7190B Brushed Paper Pack
X5764 Pear Cardstock
Z1926 Quatrefoil Embossing Folder
Z3035 Pixie Extra Thick Twine
Z1151 3-D Foam Tape

Inks:
44751 Archival Black Stamp Pad
Z2197 Pear Stamp Pad (for sponging around the saying)
Z2452 Shin Han Golden Yellow marker
Z2464 Shin Han Tender Pink marker

~Inky Hugs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!